San Miguel Authority for Regional Transportation is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
San Miguel Authority for Regional Transportation takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of SMART:
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- Hired an Accessibility Specialist
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. SMART is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is to meet WCAG 2.2 Level AA conformance for Section 508, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication, after a session expires, does not cause loss of data.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of SMART. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on SMART:
- Phone: (970) 239-6034
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal address: PO Box 3140, 137 Society Drive Unit B Telluride, CO 81435
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
SMART is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- Despite best efforts, accessibility may not work well in every combination of operating systems, web browsers, and assistive technology. Developers typically test their websites and mobile applications with common user environments, to determine compatibility. WCAG defines requirements for accessibility features provided by content authors to be accessibility supported. Communicating this compatibility expectation helps the user to determine if that is the cause for any issues they may be observing.
Accessibility of SMART relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
San Miguel Authority for Regional Transportation assessed the accessibility of SMART by the following approaches:
- Hired an Accessibility Developer that specializes in ADA compliance for websites.
An evaluation report for SMART is available at POC Certification.